Saturday, July 12, 2008

Where has All the Space Gone?


Have you every wondered where all you disk space has gone? Hey, I just had 20GB of free space, now I only have 15. Where did all the space go?

Now you find out everything you need to know about what sized files are where.

WinDirStat is a disk usage statistics viewer and cleanup tool for Microsoft Windows (all current variants). WinDirStat reads the whole directory tree once and then presents it in three useful views: the directory list, which resembles the tree view of the Windows Explorer but is sorted by file/subtree size; the treemap, which shows the whole contents of the directory tree straight away; and the extension list, which serves as a legend and shows statistics about the file types.
I like it because it is a great way what files I can delete to make more room on my drive. It is a must download. It's also nice because the program is smaller one megabyte.

Homepage

Download page

No comments:

Post a Comment